Saturday, December 19, 2009

Au Revoirrr..

Here’s to another new beginning; one that I undoubtedly have been craving and yearning for.
A year when I get a break from academic responsibilities, late assignments, late classes, late mornings; a time where I can say goodbye to contemplating about what the hell to have for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and midnight snack because the last time I went grocery shopping was yesterday and yet I still feel like I have no food.

Bye to 3am fire alarms, which turn out to be a false alarm—after I had just tried my hardest to make myself fall asleep.

Farewell to real fire alarms, because the guys downstairs were too high and drunk to realize that throwing a cigarette in the garbage full of paper towel was maybe a bad idea.

Ciao to the weird roommate who nobody likes but chooses to deal with—despite the fact that she needs a puke bowl while in the washroom; and the fact that she feels comfortable enough with herself to walk around in her underwear while our boyfriends were visiting. No, we weren’t jealous. It was just disturbing.

Adios, shit cable: where the only channel we were left to watch was TLC; how exciting can wedding dresses get.

So long, “strange” moaning and bed creaking in the night—whoever said our rooms were soundproof were clearly delusional.

Living by yourself has its perks, but I definitely will not miss budgeting for toilet paper, eggs, and soap; I thought we had parents for those?

Au Revoir, Montreal!

No comments:

Post a Comment