Wednesday, November 18, 2009

(Withdrawal) Symptoms

Permission to withdraw after deadline may be granted only under exceptional circumstances. Hoping that mine falls under such exceptional circumstances, I ask to withdraw from my own money, boldly wasting both my time and thousands of dollars. I suppose my proposal of an extenuating personal issue of love is exceptional enough out of the McGill population. It isn’t one reason but a cluster of mistakes consisting lack of self-control, obsessive character, and perhaps not a care in the world. You’d think I’d be angry after all my time spent on such things- but realistically, how much time did I actually spend? I came in waiting for my mind to feel comfortable in this place, while dealing with the fact that I actually might not want to be here.

I had tried to prove an imagined population wrong, and therefore causing my own suffering, and yet I am required to provide documentation of my extenuating circumstances so I may be granted permission to waste my own resources? Perhaps what these smart Redmen might not have learned in class is that personal issues cannot be documented and the simple act of wanting to withdraw is the only document they’ll receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment